View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #107
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

All of y'all "go victim" people are ignoring one crucial point. The victim could have accidentally killed or crippled the bully when he picked him up and threw him down. If that has been the result, it would have ruined his life and emotions a lot more than being bullied a bit. To me, that is why his reaction is the wrong one, his life could have been RUINED by that act far worse than any suspension. If you don't believe me, ask my mother how it feels to have your bully killed by accident, only if you just wished their death and weren't even the cause of it yourself.
When my mother was a little girl, her next door neighbor was her bully. One day my mom was outside playing, and the bully came along on her bike and proceeded to run over my mother's toes. My mother yelled at her, "I hope you die." Well, the girl did, that night she and her grandfather were stalled on a train track and hit. Mom found out the next day in school and still carries around the scar of wishing something so horrible on a person, and then actually have it happen.
Also, yes, the bully probably would not have stopped with just administrative intervention, but we have no proof that that little move won't bring the bully back with a bigger vendetta, a few friends, and a more secluded spot. Sometime standing up to the bully doesn't stop them, it only makes them that much more determined to show you that they're boss.