View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #11
Snakeadelic
Banned

Well, I don't have to worry about the mobile version Ppl keep telling me I need a smartphone...yeah. Right. That'll go GREAT with the "easily startled person with anxiety disorder and a cardiac arrhythmia"...even on vibrate it'd scare the hell outta me every time it went off. So, being the troglodyte I am, I don't own a mobile device, though I've been eyeing my sweetie's tablet. My mom LIVES on hers, so maybe this summer's visit to her place I'll put in some time doing more than "you play card games and I'll distract the dog to see if he'll put up with being in the same room." My parents have a huge dog that, despite every method of training known to a mom who's been a dog person for well over 50 years, is a biter. The encounter with both dog and tablet went well.

I fear for my desktop, but then again the noises it makes on startup could have to do with the fact that it desperately needs a blow-out with canned air, which I'll take care of on a day when it's less likely rain will come whipping into my balcony. It's 4 years old and wasn't new when I got it, but it was a gift and so I try the best I can.

The hijacking seems to have stopped, right about the time I got a big fat No Longer Supported information screen on a legit update. The last couple of virus scans I ran came up the same way they always do: a couple of trojans hiding in Adobe updates. And this is why I haven't updated OpenOffice--I use that A LOT and if something got in there and screwed up my writing files I'd cry. I have hundreds of pages in there; the bit I'm working on now is at 9 or 10 short chapters and just over 22,000 words.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote