View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 10:47 AM   #11
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
That was soooooooooooo funny! Did you write that yourself?

Yes. I'm glad you liked it.

And yet if no one did just that, no one would have stopped Hitler. They would have said "Well, he could be right. I have no backbone, so I'll sit around like a bag of slop and let him do whatever he likes!"

No no no. It was more like. "Oh shit! Hitler is taking over Europe. I think we're next! Better get him while we can. or "Oh shit! Hitler attacked our allies and there is this stupid treaty we had that says we have to help them...damn. Well off we go." And then of course there was Stalin "Hitler's attacking? No don't be silly. We're buddies. Lets wait a few more weeks..."

Yes, that's exactly it. You've got me pegged! And yet, it's not me that's posting about how my girlfriend drives me fucking mad because she's borderline retarded and believes there's something useful behind Astrology.

How is that related? I don't feel any fear of sharing details of my life. I'm not posting details of my life like I'm god, or "Look at my awesome life, my wonderful job, my beautiful car, and my even more beautiful girlfriend.". I'm not bragging. In fact I'm saying that things aren't all so peachy. But then I have control, nothing forces me to be with my gf, nothing forces me to keep my job. If my gf was really retarded as you suspect, then I'd have walked long ago. Everyone has some flaws, I'm not perfect myself. I don't see a bit of superstition and idiotic public myths as something that ruins all hopes of a meaningful relationship.

No, that's not it either. At the end of the day, I want to feel like what I did was right. And what I know is not right is picking on someone that's trying to do the best they can with limited means in an awkward situation.

Hey, you're here in the country, and you've made it. You've got a job, a stupid girlfriend, and all is well. Where would you be if no one ever gave you a hand?
I feel no pity, no respect nor any sort of compassion nor will I offer support to someone who is dealing with problems that came about as a result of their own stupidity.

Stupid people remain stupid until their stupidity results in them making a nice pile of shit out of their life and forces them to deal with it.

All you teach by helping those retards out, by telling them that "it's ok that you're sitting in a huge pile of your own shit, as long as you want the best and try hard things will be good" is that being a fucktard is ok and people will accept and respect them as the parasites of society that they are.

Yeah so I'm here in the country. One might say that I made it, yet I feel that I've got a long way to go. As far as the people who gave me a hand, well certainly I'd have a tough time without help and would be nowhere near where I am now. Yet the number of people that have helped me is very far from being long. So why not list them:
So far:
My HS councilor who managed to keep me sane despite my father's insanity.
My mother who unlike my father never lost faith in me.
My Drexel University scholarship interviewer who said he saw that I had ambition and talent and handed me a scholarship without which I'd never be able to afford college.
My best friend who's been there when I needed somebody to whine to.

If you knew my life then I'm sure you could argue that a lot of other people should be on the list. After all my father did help me pay for college, shouldn't he be there? Well maybe, but then he did it because he couldn't stand the idea of me not going to college, having a son who didn't have a perfect GPA was difficult enough for him. (He himself has a perfect GPA in college and HS, PhD, 2 books, over 100 publications...the list goes on.)
The truth is that I just can't think of any others who did anything for me that didn't assume a favor exchange, didn't benefit them, or wasn't their job.

I know you'll probably just say "Well File, that’s just cause you're a fucktarded asshole, not like YOU'd help anyone..." the truth is that I've helped a lot of people, yet 80% of the time helping people just left me feeling used and cheated. There are only so many home works you can do for somebody, only so many 6 hour drives you can give somebody just because they asked, only so much money you can let someone "borrow" knowing that you'll never see it again, there is a point at which you come to realize that 99.9% of the people are shit and should be treated as such.

So now before I even consider helping somebody I ask myself : "If I were in their shoes, would they have helped me?". Most of the time I KNOW that the answer is no and yet often I help anyway.

So ask yourself, "Would April come out and put her ass out in the line of fire for my sake?"

So what do you think? Don't lie to yourself, you know she wouldn't.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote