View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #10834
Snakeadelic
Banned

And what's upsetting me today is my own health. I mean come on, really? I already deal with:
Severe Generalized Anxiety Disorder (with associated panic attacks and mild OCD)
IBS
Osteoarthritis
TMJ (my whole life, not the kind you get gritting your teeth--the kind that warps your lower jawbone your whole life, to the point that it's changed the shape of my outer AND inner ears)
Tinnitus--related to the TMJ, and in my case very severe, constant multiple notes in both ears.
Loose connective tissue. All of it. I can now pop in like 3 places that aren't joints.
Massive congenital swayback
Terrible teeth no matter what kind of care I take of them. Seriously, my anti-dry-mouth toothpaste is $20 a tube and I'm still losing teeth. Sometimes my fillings pop out while I floss. Last summer the dentist was fixing a broken uncrowned root canal and the crown next to it--post included--popped right out of my jawbone. Never had any trouble with the other 3 crowned root canals he's done for me!
Acquired Angioedema, Type 2 (catalyzed by an ACE inhibitor drug for blood pressure control) which can kill me by slamming my trachea shut any damn time it wants for the rest of my life.
AND NOW we can add costochondritis! This is the sudden inflammation of any or all cartilage in the ribcage. I haven't taken a full breath in over a week because my lungs won't inflate properly. Half the time I can't move my left arm without screaming because much of the inflamed cartilage is where that particular joint ties into the ribs. All I can do is take Aleve (which does not work on me--I got to try it when it was so new there was no OTC version) or Motrin (which makes me bleed internally) and wait. Maybe a few days. Maybe a few weeks. Maybe a year.

I find that upsetting.

I also find it extremely upsetting that after 9 years on permanent disability, now that we have a Republican-dominated administration, I've suddenly gotten a letter stating that I have to prove I am still permanently disabled. W. T. F.??? Why the hell do these people think I was forced into a legal hearing over it in the first place? One that resulted in a ruling of PERMANENTLY UNABLE TO WORK. From a JUDGE. Not a social worker, not an agency, not a committee--a JUDGE.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote