Thread: I just...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I just (about a week ago) won a scooter in a poker game.

It's an Adventure 150 Limited Edition, 2008 model.

Name:  four threes.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  107.7 KB

It's been rode hard and put up wet a time or ten, and has some battle scars. Front tire loses air pressure slowly, takes a few days to go completely flat. Good news there, is, the tire sidewall is stiff enough that you can ride it flat and the tire doesn't roll down and try to come off the rim like a car tire would, doesn't even rub the dirt off the outside of the tread, so if I'm caught away from home and it decides to go flat, I can still limp home, carefully. Missing one of the mirrors. It didn't like to start with the button, but, a three dollar spark plug later, and you can't get your finger off the button fast enough. It starts almost immediately. And the thing will do 45 mph from a standstill RFN!

All in all, counting the things it needs, not too bad for a last hand poker win. There was $225 in the pot, and dude wanted to raise with one last card coming. He asked and me and another guy agreed to allow him $200 dollars against the scooter. Two others folded right there.

I got it with four threes. Natural threes. Dude gave $750 for the scooter a couple years ago, it sold for around $1700 new.

Dude told me it was licensed til December and insured til April, and for me to "ride the wheels off of it". And I'm gonna.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote