View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #80
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
People who use "how are you?" as a greeting and then act confused when you answer their question.
Do they? I must bug the hell out of them then, I've always answered it as a genuine question!

Today I am mostly being annoyed by my own lunch. Or my own inability to make it, I'm not sure.

I tried to make myself California style sushi rolls today. No, I didn't need to look up a how-to site, it was obvious how to make them! Bamboo mat to roll them on? No, of course I didn't need one - I'd do it at my desk!

I had hoped that once I'd gone to the trouble of cooking the rice - 20 mins, opening the tuna & mixing with horseradish (no wasabi in town) - 5 mins, and then assembling - 5 mins, I'd be popping perfect little rounds into my mouth as I carried on working.

OH NO. Sushi wanted to play unwinding games...
So I ended up shovelling it in with a fork and chasing stray grains all over my desk like an anteater...
I might as well have eaten it all separately, would have been less time & effort.

I don't like it when my food misbehaves. Like when crackers & crispbreads snap in my hands and shed their precious cargo on my desk, or pizza topping slides off in one go and flaps burningly on my chin, or soup gives me hiccups. I feel it breaks some fundemental contract.