View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #2960
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Four inconvenient truths about the HCRA

1) Some people won’t get to keep the coverage they like.
Obama promised over and over during the health care debate that
“if you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan.”
It turns out that, for a lot of people, between 3-5,000,000 and 15-20,000,000, that isn’t true.

4) “The more you know, the more you'll like it”.
When the bill passed, Democrats were convinced that Americans would like the health care reform law
more once they were able to see its benefits. When then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said
Congress had to “pass the bill so you can find out what is in it.”
Except the controversy has never died down, and people don’t like the law any more now than they did then.
I'd really like to see numbers and data on that. What sorts of policies those 3-20 million people have that will not be grandfathered in, and why. What percentage of people who identify themselves as being more favorable to it as they learn more - i've heard quite a lot of polls quoted that claim just the opposite of what you claim.

Quote:

2) Costs aren’t going to go down.

The Obama campaign released a graph that shows health insurance premiums climbing and climbing
way above general inflation.
The lie giving families and businesses relief was a big part of Obama’s sales pitch for health care reform.
Ah, but will costs climb more slowly than they were climbing before, and ensure that coverage will not be denied or removed from policies while prices rise? THAT was the objective.