Thread: Review thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Hancock (DVD) - I knew from reviews that this was about a skid row bum who happens to have super powers and meets a PR guy who tries to get him cleaned up. And then there was supposed to be a crazy plot twist that critics weren't sure about. Well, I enjoyed this movie. The plot takes a path that is slightly different from the formulaic Hollywood movie I expected, and overall, it's a good one. As it's unfolding, I wasn't sure who/what to root for. You end up liking everyone in the movie, and enjoying the show. Charlize Theron looks different in just about every movie I've seen her in. She's a chameleon. Maybe I'm getting too old, but the special effects and stunts of the climactic battle scenes in movies are getting so elaborate and visually busy that they bore me now. The effects and stunts that lead up the the climax were good though. Speaking of climaxes, Hancock ejaculates with the force of a shotgun, which presents a unique challenge.
Watched this last night, my inital response, 'it's a story with a beginning, middle and end, just not the beginning middle and end of the same story'

Interesting idea, not too Hollywood formula, which is always a plus, plot pacing and character developemnet were poor and could have made it so much better.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote