View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #293
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Mandated birth control is PART OF Obamacare. That's why it's being talked about at all. To separate Obamacare from the birth control debate reveals your ignorance on the topic.
Really? My ignorance? Don't be a little bitch if you want to discuss this issue with adults. You fail on so many levels. If it was part of the original Bill he would not have had to come out and make an edict about it, the issue would have been inherent in the writing of the original Bill. But what Obamacare did do was give powers to the HHSS to make such edicts. Which is another huge problem with Obamacare.

Quote:
But, okay. If we IGNORE GAY MARRIAGE, if you honestly don't see how they are parallel legal arguments, let's talk about divorced and then remarried people.
They are completely separate issues, they come from completely different angles and issues.

Quote:
The catholic church does not believe in birth control.
The catholic church does not believe in divorce.
Sort of, but yea, I give you that much....

Quote:
You posit: catholic-affiliated organizations should not have to insure birth control.
I ask: should catholic-affiliated organizations have to insure remarried spouses?
Gay marriage and or divorce of anyone is not just an issue of the Catholic Church. The issues have not just been an issue of the Catholic Church.

It just so happens that the Catholic Church has been dealing with the issue head on, but it still is not an issue of just that religion. They happen be the ones dealing with it head on.