View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #160
Snakeadelic
Banned

Well, I have personal issues with eBay, but I know people with accounts and sometimes if the timing's right I can get them money before something sells, or pay them back later.

I'm 100% sure that at least half of what I've heard the owners say in that place was, in fact, BS intended to keep the store clear of layabouts and wishful thinkers. Also, ever since that thing with the wife's brother, I don't trust them at all and I am not sure I should be trusted not to say anything tacky about it. Here's the Cliff Notes version...

Shop owner's wife hears me & neighbor talking about how excited we were to get to see Queensryche. Wife says her brother (by name) is now part of the band, and since they suddenly had this like 30-year-old stranger on guitar instead of whoever replaced Chris DeGarmo, we think "meh, maybe plausible but she's probably got the band name wrong." Couple years later, I'm up late one night and have Forensic Files or some other true-crime summary series running. They start talking about a case involving identity theft, credit card fraud, and a man (same name pawnshop lady gave as her brother, first and last) involved with "a singer and band very famous in the 1980s metal scene". Then they show a pic of the now-incarcerated suspect and yup, younger-than-the-band guitarist it is. I now have paranoid suspicions about the two times since then that my bank has been forced to reissue all customer credit and debit cards--not because the bank was hacked, but because it's their policy to cancel and reissue all cards if a local business gets hacked.

So between "your brother was ON TV for being an identity thief and purveyor of credit card fraud" and "Jesus you guys lie to your customers a lot", I'm not entirely...confident...in my own verbal filters. Other than my coat, all I bought there on virtually every trip was DVDs, and now we're down to a few that are either impossible to find used and a few that we were sure we already had.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote