Thread: Post Your Pet
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #1978
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My friends had a chocolate lab that had to be kept on a strict diet,
He was such a gobbler.
He would eat the live mive that the cats brought in.
WHAT a monster!

Until.
Until.
The Dizcat is on a successful diet.
I know he is not starving.
But he is acting like it.

He has taken to pilfering random items from the kitchen table and sideboards - which he is strictly forbidden from jumping on, but we're veteran cat owners and have never risked leaving meat products on them.

Nope.
He has now snaffled biscuits, bread, rolls, tablets (in their packets, luckily)

So yesterday I came home to an odd sponge on my bedroom floor and a cloud of dandruff.
Diz had managed to get a bread roll from the side and take it upstairs, he ate at least half of it (the top). Mum assumed I'd taken one for lunch but did feel aggrieved that I had left the packet wide open. Diz doesn't understand about covering his tracks/ things going stale.

I updated her on his new thievery and the case was closed.
Until last night. POO! What a stinker! I thought Diz had laid down some rancid cable, but checking his tray in the morning there was nothing. Just bad wind I guess.

Until this morning. POO! What a stinker. After I went to work, Mum was summoned to my bedroom by an almighty stink. Diz had explosive diarrhoea. Only in his tray. But in a sizeable part of it (it's a closed tray, so nothing on the surrounding surfaces!) At least he made it to his tray every time. GOOD BOY.

Poor old Mum. She cleaned it five times. Bless her.
Not my fault of course, I was at work. But rotten luck all the same.

Poor, silly, greedy Diz. With the world coming out of his bott and no understanding why.

All bread products now definitely kept in the breadbin.
NOTHING to be left on the sides or table.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote