View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #50
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

What a coincidence! The Kenmore I posted about earlier in the thread died, and we got a new one on relatively short notice because 2-3 loads a day is a lot to wash by hand. We went to the store planning to get an LG we picked out online, because our fridge, washer, and dryer are all LG and we've been happy with them.

But it turned out the "in stock in store" thing online was wrong, our store didn't have the one we wanted. Mr. Clod and I didn't have time to get to another store with his truck, and without him I'd need delivery service which would mean another week of doing them by hand... so we instead went with a Bosch that they had in stock.

It has some nice-ish features, but overall I do not like it. For starters, we did not realize that "top controls" are a thing, and I hate not being able to see what's going on under the countertop there. We thought we'd installed it improperly and wrestled with it for a long time before figuring out it's supposed to be that way. Second, the silverware basket is wide and runs the entire length of the side, too much space wasted. Similarly, the vertical tines are too close together--great if you're trying to cram in extra plates because you're the kind of family that only ever washes plates (and silverware, I guess.) But it sucks if you're trying to wash big pots and mixing bowls and 9x13 pans all the time like I am, because they can't settle in anywhere.

Counteracting that, there is a third very shallow pull-out rack on the top for lids and flatter serving utensils and stuff, which sometimes leaves enough extra space on the top (middle) rack for said pots and bowls and stuff, but this of course leaves less height overall, making one thing in particular--the kids' outer lunchbox containers--nearly impossible to get in anywhere.

It is, however, insanely quiet. It has a little red LED that it shines on the floor when it's running, because during certain parts of the cycle you cannot hear it at all and run the risk of opening it early. I will get used to it because I have to, but I really wish we'd waited the extra week and got the one we'd vetted more thoroughly.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote