Thread: Rims
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #1752
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Personally I dress to be comfortable, (I told Amanda, Jim's betrothed, I couldn't come to their wedding. When she asked why not, I told her I was wearing my Sunday best, which was jeans and a pocket Tee), and I drive what blows my skirt up. I know there are a shitload of people(probably you) who feel the same way.
Heh.

I did a writing job years ago, for a guy who owned a small advertising agency in Marina del Rey, CA. The agency specialized in marketing cowboy/horse stuff. He'd hired me to ghostwrite a book for him (The Cowboy Hat Book), and offered me desk space in his agency to work on the book.

He was always dressed to the nines in his fancy cowboy duds, but his staff wore a really . . . interesting collection of attire to the office. Sweats, shorts and T's, pajama pants, flip-flops. When I asked him about it, he told me that one of the things he'd learned as an employer was that "comfort is king." He wanted his employees to feel comfortable and at home when at work; he felt it improved staff morale, productivity, communication, and loyalty.

I've carried that with me ever since. If you can't handle me wearing my comfy second-hand Goodwill clothes to the office, then I'm not the employee for you. Because, literally, I do NOT dress up for anybody or anything. I present as neat, clean, non-disheveled, (altho not particularly fashionable), and I'm good with that. Because I'm COMFY.

I spent decades working as the exec admin asst for a couple of different big-wig CEO types in LA and San Francisco. Expensive, "fashionable" suits, painful high heels, nylons, fuckin' girdles, blah blah blah, were required.

But that cowboy dude set me on the right path. Comfort is king, baby.

Oh yeah.

Last edited by Glinda; 11-05-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote