View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Aug 17, 2009: Surprised Model

I was cleaning out my computer, and over in the corner under some pizza boxes and a dead hooker, I found this item I'd stashed 3 months ago.
I think it was even posted in the Cellar somewhere, but it's not moldy, and doesn't stink too bad, so here goes.

Danielle has a blog called, "Extraordinary Mommy", and as Mommies are wont to do, posted a picture of her kids... along with Hubby and herself.

Quote:
I am thrilled to have reconnected with so many friends on Facebook. One of them sent me this message yesterday:

Alright, so how’s this for random: I’m in the car, taking my wife for a check up, pass by a new grocery store and notice that they have a picture of you, your husband and two kids on the store front window. Life size. I kid you not. Will take a photo of it later today and send….

What you don’t know from this message: this college friend lives in the CZECH REPUBLIC.
And this is the picture he sent.

Quote:
Clearly, my family did NOT take a picture for any advertisements - either here or abroad. And, clearly, whoever hijacked the picture assumed no one would recognize us so far away. Hmmmm…wrong.

I’ll admit, there is an element of flattery (I think) to the whole thing. But still, there is something creepy about knowing our family picture was stolen from one of my sites. This picture has been on my blog, used as a Christmas card and put on a few Ning Networking sites. It is also on my Facebook page (which is one of the reasons Justin recognized us) but my FB page is open only to friends.
The printing under the picture translates, “We will prepare and deliver your requests in two business days.”

So if your mug's on the net, like one of the myriad of photo hosting sites, you might end up selling sampans in Siam, or condoms in the Congo.