View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #147
monster
I hear them call the tide

So, one year in, Hector's now an established and respected hockey goalie, and has the same coaches and we're going up to the same tourney in the UP...... just found out it's on the same weekend as Hebe's High School Swim Championships.

Both require all Friday as well as Sat and Sun. Assuming beest can get the day off work, then Hector can at least be accompanied by one parent as opposed to being sent off with another family (this is especially important for goalies because after a bad loss, it's easy and natural for all to blame the goalie even if it wasn't their fault at all. last year his team was great and his assistant coach is totally into "it's not the goalie's fault" ....but for For their mental health, goalies at tourneys need someone who is always on their side, whether they fucked up or not.)

But neither of us can attend both. Srsy how on earth did we manage to get the most important weekends of their chosen sports to coincide?

Also, I run the computer on the scoring table for swim meets and we are hosting. But the UP is a 4 hour drive and beest is not the driver I am and we might get back really late on Sunday and he will have to work the next day.... But I have experienced that tourney before and he hasn't.... how to choose?

Bummed there's no way to do both