View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 07:33 AM   #2
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
an unopened can of golden caviar

I'd never heard of "golden" caviar before, so I looked it up. Doesn't seem to be much historic info, but based on modern caviar prices that can could probably be auctioned off to pay a year's modest college tuition. Currently the "most expensive" caviar seems to be coming from (probably captive-bred) albino fish of some sort, is laced with actual gold, and is sold in gold cans. It seems to list out at about $40,000 US per kilo (2.2 pounds).

Hard to believe the only difference between hundreds-per-can fancy caviar and a-few-bucks-a-can fishbait is what kind of fish the eggs came from! Traditionally the best caviar is sturgeon eggs, and I can't say I'm sure what kind of fish the bait eggs come from as I haven't been fishing since the late 90s. Sturgeon have become very, very rare in the wild due to overhunting of females in their prime for caviar.

I bet if you cracked that lucite block open the burger would disintegrate into either dust or liquid. Doesn't look like an appetizing burger to start with, but then who knows how long it took them to actually seal it in plastic. That's actually the 2nd least appetizing burger I've ever seen, and I'm willing to bet #1 was a post on here...canned White Castle sliders. (shudder)

Smart of them to limit 'tabled' items to paper!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote