View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #15
AlternateGray
red-shirt guy

Buddig, I think what you mean is that there are no answers, except those that you provide for us.

Ah, look, a haughty european expert on the many ways that I, as an American, am fucked up. My personal space is roughly six feet, and you're a freakin' cliche.

There is no better book on the subject of madness and sanity? Are you insane? If I ever went to see a psychiatrist for anti-social/anger issues (which I don't have), and he told me that a fictional (I don't give a rat's ass how many metaphors are in it, it's fiction) book written in the 1600's was his sole teacher and reference, I'm afraid I'd have to beat him with it just for wasting my time.

Works of art are not meant to be understood or appreciated by all, regardless of intellect or status. I completely fail to understand how your enjoyment and knowledge of a particular piece of art makes anyone else, who doesn't appreciate it (and therefore can't be bothered to remember a name that is essentially meaningless to them), a "true" ignoramus. Rather, it makes me again question the validity of your implied claim of superiority.

If you're attempting to spread some culture, great; but turn off the personality, it's detracting from your efforts, and distracting at best.

Last edited by AlternateGray; 07-11-2006 at 09:14 AM.
AlternateGray is offline   Reply With Quote