View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #1700
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Glad you're in Ju & Cap'n.
I always get to a point when moving OUT where everything I do seems only to make things worse. It does not feel like a finite task at all, and I can never imagine getting to the point where I can actually leave.
Moving in is far better. You know you have plenty of time, and everything you do is so obviously a step forward rather than back.

Today I am waiting in for the post. Sounds like a passive thing to do, and quite relaxing, but I am already boiling over with frustration. Large items and items to be signed for usually come before I wake up, so last night I slept without earplugs and this morning I got up half an hour early. Nope, nothing.

The large item I'm waiting for was apparently dispatched last Friday. WHERE IS IT!?
A couple of smaller things, including one which was sent First Class Recorded definitely went yesterday. WHERE ARE THEY?!

I know you (snowed on Merkins) have had much worse post recently. But my impatience comes from the fact that we are not having any kind of bad weather here. Except in the Highlands, but I haven't ordered anything from there.

Meh. What makes it worse is there is no specific reason for wanting these things immediately. It is my own child-on-Christmas-Eve impatience. I am not suited to buying postal delivery items. I'd stop, but 90% of the time it really is the cheapest option available.

Deep breaths, deep breaths, deep breaths.

ETA - Postie has just been! Yay! And even better, the skirt I ordered is even nicer than I thought. Second hand long black denim. It's both thicker, newer and longer than I could have hoped (in fact I doubt if it has ever been worn). Big stuff didn't arrive though. Grrrr.

Last edited by Sundae; 02-16-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote