View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #1488
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I'll mention the following only because you didn't.

Cold packs/covered ice packs applied to the cheek over the afflicted area can go a long way towards relieving pain where the ibuprofen leaves off and to reducing swelling. Generally 20 min on, 20 min off; but, you can titrate for effect.

BTW, you're not anywhere near the max dose for ibuprofen; however, more than OTC strength puts it in Rx territory and you should consult your physician or dentist to ensure it's safe for you to exceed the OTC dosage in light of your individual medical history.

If you can take acetaminophen, it can be combined with ibuprofen for improved pain relief. It's typically done by alternating dosages every 3 hours. Take your 6 hr. OTC dosage of ibuprofen, 3 hrs. later the 6 hr. OTC dosage of acetaminophen, 3 hrs. later another 6 hr. dose of ibuprofen, 3 hrs. later another 6 hr. dose of acetaminophen ... etc. You should not; however, be taking ETOH with either of these.

Good luck 'till Monday.

ETA: I see you've just posted about the oxycodone. That should make things easier. Still best to nix the ETOH.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote