View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #21
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

July 5

1954, Working together for the first time in a recording studio with Scotty Moore and Bill Black,

Name:  elvisscottybill.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  11.1 KB

Elvis Presley fools around during a break with an up-tempo version of 'That's All Right.' Producer Sam Phillips has them repeat the jam and records it. It became Presley's first release on Sun Records.

1965, Marty Balin and Paul Kantner formed a Folk-Rock group that would evolve into the Jefferson Airplane,

Name:  Jefferson_Airplane_early_1966.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  16.7 KB

the premier San Francisco psychedelic band of the late '60s. The Airplane made its debut the following month at a Haight-Ashbury club, and was signed to RCA later in the year.

1995, More than 100 Grateful Dead fans were hurt when a wooden deck collapsed at a campground lodge in Wentzville, Missouri. Hundreds of people were on or under the deck sheltering from heavy rain. More than 4,000 Deadheads were staying at the campground while attending Grateful Dead concerts in the St. Louis suburb.

2000, Cub Koda (Michael "Cub" Koda),

Name:  koda.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  15.5 KB

founder member of Brownsville Station died of complications from kidney failure. Wrote the 2 million selling 1974 hit 'Smokin' In The Boys Room', (which Motley Crue covered). He took his nickname from Cubby on television's Mickey Mouse Club.

2003, The Daily Star ran a front-page story claiming that the body of Manic Street Preachers guitarist Richey Edwards had been found. Fishermen in an angling contest discovered bones half buried in mud on the riverbank near Avonmouth. Edwards disappeared in Feb 1995, his car was found at a service station at the Seven Bridge a well-known suicide spot.

2003, Johnny Cash made his last ever live performance when he appeared at the Carter Ranch. Before singing "Ring of Fire", Cash read a statement about his late wife that he had written shortly before taking the stage: “The spirit of June Carter overshadows me tonight with the love she had for me and the love I have for her. We connect somewhere between here and heaven. She came down for a short visit, I guess, from heaven to visit with me tonight to give me courage and inspiration like she always has.” Cash died on Sept 12th of this year.

2005, Pink Floyd's David Gilmour

Name:  gilmour.JPG
Views: 713
Size:  5.2 KB

said artists who had seen album sales soar after the Live 8 concerts should donate their profits to charity, saying: "This is money that should be used to save lives." UK sales figures released two days after the London concert showed Pink Floyd’s Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd had risen by 1343%, The Who - Then and Now by 863% and Annie Lennox - Eurythmics Greatest Hits by 500%.

1913 – Smiley Lewis, 1938 – Ronnie Self, 1943 – Robbie Robertson (The Band), 1950 – Huey Lewis, 1950 – Michael Monarch (Steppenwolf), 1954 – Jimmy Crespo (Aerosmith), 1959 – Marc Cohn ("Walkin' In Memphis"), 1969 – RZA (rapper), 1973 – Bengt Lagerberg(The Cardigans), 1980 – Jason Wade (Lifehouse), 1982 – Dave Haywood (Lady Antebellum)

None

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote