View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 04:26 PM   #10
jaguar
whig

The problem with most 'sustainable' resources is that they do not produce enough energy to justify their production, ie a solar panel factory coudl not produce enough power from solar panels before they would have to be replaced from solar panels. I think fusion will be the next big one.

Quote:
I dont see the US challenging the Chinese with military threats when a US 'spy' plane came down in Chinese territory. However if that same plane had come down in Iraq and S.Hussain was holding the aircrew and plane for 'evaluation' then I wonder if the US administration would have reacted difeently. I use this example because the Chinese have been for years punishing their own people who expressed anti-establishment discourse and at the same time have been terrorising the inhabitants of Taiwan at arms length. This is the very regime that Mr.Bush is gunning after. Smacks of double standards to me.
Course it does. On the other hand China has perfered economic partner status. Giovernemnts are always hypercritical, perfectly normal.