Thread: Election 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #84
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
And nothing endears someone to me quite like when they refer to us as "You people". lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Wasn't referring to you - "You people" = the press.
I don't agree.

I heard her say it on GMA and it absolutely snagged my ear just the way Sheldon described it. She *may* have been intending the grammar of her sentence to refer to the reporter she was having a conversation with. But.... She then goes on to talk about that information being all that's needed to know and understand and how that will affect the election. Who the hell decides the election?? Not the reporters--the electorate. We/"you people", the voters.

Quote:
We've given all [that] you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how we live our life, and so the election will not be decided on that. It will be decided on who will turn the economy around, and how will jobs come back to America.
She made a gaffe only insofar as she candidly revealed her point of view about the voters. It's on par with Mitt's revelation about his position on corporate personhood. There's no overlap between his universe and my universe. And he keeps reinforcing that. And that ignorance alienates him from my political affections. Too bad for him.

Cause if you insist on reading it the other way, she's suggesting that the reporters decide the election. Just as insulting and twice as stupid. Do you really think that's it?