Thread: Dave just left
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 03:13 PM   #75
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by DNK
I'm recognize the 'community', but I didn't realize it was taken so seriously. I mean, I have real life issues that FAR outweigh anything done here, as I'm sure most do, but since they were "friends" on the side, this crossed over.
Well, naturally we all have real-life problems that outweigh the happenings here. But that doesn't preclude us from being concerned and affected by what happens here.

I guess it's kinda like reading a series of books you enjoy, only to find that the author takes the plot and characters someplace you don't want it to go, and you stop enjoying the story as much. Big deal? No, it's a freakin' book. But that doesn't mean the author's Lucasizing* of the story it won't bother you a little.

I enjoy this community, and so anything that deteriorates from it is troubling, though not in any life-altering way.

* - Lu-ca-size: v To destroy a good thing by diluting it's quality, particularly in an attempt to increase marketing opportunities or for the sake of "political correctness."