View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #3612
Pamela
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
For me, "Mexican dentistry" is not a confidence-inspiring phrase.
Well, my then-wife is his cousin and talked me into it. Apparently his clinic is only a block into Ciudad Juarez, he trained in the US and the clincher was an on-call knockout doctor. I am a dentist-phobe (and darn proud of it! ) and don't react well to pain. Most dentists on this side of the border only use 'conscious sedation' or good old Novocaine.

My experience was 100% positive at the time. I had all my upper teeth done over several hours. I awoke with NO pain at all, no wooziness like I had when I had an impacted wisdom tooth surgically removed in the hospital, not even a bad taste in my mouth. Once I was awake, the dentist came back in, made some small adjustments that were not possible with me asleep (painless but oh! that pneumatic grinder! <shiver>) and I walked right out the door. They provide a van to take me home, except the short walk through the border checkpoint which is required by immigration law and not a big deal and that was it.

He did say to let a few more hours go by before I tried to eat anything that required serious chewing to let the cement set up fully but that was no problem. I just had a light liquid lunch and was fully functional all day. Had a HUGE steak for a late supper though, as I had been on a full liquid diet for two weeks with the temporary crowns which would fall out if I talked too much and wound up super-gluing to hold them in long enough to get the permanent crowns made. I was hungry for real food and that one and a half pound T-bone was the best I had ever had! The biggest too! LOL

Note that I don't eat that much in one sitting but I treated myself that one time.

I'm just thinking now that the old saw about you get what you pay for does indeed hold true.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote