View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #34
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Still haven't been to a theater since "Braveheart".

I alllllmost went to an IMAX showing of "Star Trek Into Darkness". $19/person nixed that idea.
If I could go back in time, I'd catch Into Darkness on a theater screen. Went to the 2009 reboot with the neighbor and quite liked the new crew, particularly Mr. Young Spock Will Beat Your A$$. It'd be fun to try to catch the momentary R2-D2 cameo as flying debris in Into Darkness, plus Benedict Cummerbund (okay, so I can't remember how to spell his name this early in the morning) is a pretty decent actor when given a snarky character.

I think my feelings about the current Twin Pillars of Uber-British Actors are summed up by a Tumblr post I found a while back--Benedict bitching about why people HAVE to get an autograph, defacing a book just because their friends won't believe them otherwise, and meanwhile Tom Hiddleston on a publicity tour for I Saw The Light is all "Hey, dude, can I sign your hat?" I would never have bet someone as Shakespearean as Hiddleston could pull off one of the great hearts of American country music...but wow.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote