Thread: Eulogy
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #114
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Tink died today at 2:40. All our kids were there, her husband, and other close family. Very wrenching, everyone is exhausted.

I'm composing this on the phone, so I can't really expand easily. Plus, I am pretty wrung out myself. I'll post more later.
Three years today.

I'm not maudlin, not unrealistically wishing for things to be different. I am sad. I am thinking about Tink, and thinking about my kids, and thinking about how I feel about my parents who've died, and thinking about how my kids feel.

Just sad. Normal, appropriate sad.

Short conversations with my kids today, txting, like whippersnappers do. But to the extent that I can perceive their meaning and emotion, it was real. I love them, they love me, Tink loved them, they know it.

I reread this whole fucking thread, it hurt. Lots of love for me from all of you. I am *so* thankful. Thank. You.

shoutout to Clodfobble (I ain't goin back now for the quote button)... I am emotionally close to my kids and they know it. This is me takin another fucking VICTORY LAP AROUND THE SUN on that particular race. So thanks for pointing that out to me.