View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #36
Amnesiac42
just a guy

yeah, that is true now that you mention it...

i guess it's sort of like how (i think this was mentioned in this thread, maybe right off the bat) about how the UN told Iran that if it wanted enriched uranium for nuclear power that they would provide it to them, but Iran declined the offer. which of course leads to: so is Iran using the uranium for something shifty like weapons or is there some catch in the deal with the UN's uranium (like crazy import taxes or some red tape like that which would be easier for Iran not to mess with), probably the first is everyone's guess i suppose.

of course, i still think it's every nation's right to arm themselves defensively. obviously the problem is that the bigger the stick we carry, the bigger the sticks get everywhere else, so our sticks get bigger and so on... a race to keep the advantage every time someone catches up. so instead of going totally insane, we just try to keep other countries from getting their sticks. well...it's tricky. nations should be able to arm themselves, but no one can promise they won't use their defensive weapons for offensive actions. all of this said, i'm really pretty ignorant about Iran and what their deal is.
Amnesiac42 is offline   Reply With Quote