View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 05:29 AM   #2
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Apparently, whilst coffee has the effect of making one more alert, it does so at the expense of short term memory ( leading to the old "word on the tip of the tongue" situ)......it basically shuts down certain pathways in the brain ( temporarily) allowing the brain to focus more completely on being alert...

Coffee also is a great way to kill a headache. Studies have shown that a cup of coffee works on a headache faster than ibuprofen (although the relief only lasts about an hour so for someone with a really bad headache it's worth doing both)

If you find you are getting addicted to coffee, dont worry. Any caffeine containing drink will sort out those witthdrawal symptoms *smiles* Green tea is a good one because it contains just enough caffeine to stave off withdrawals but not enough to perpetuate the addiction.

I used to drink so much coffee it was a joke....I mean I would get through 6 or 7 cups of coffee in a day easily often more....Now I have maybe 2 or 3..I have replaced half of them with green tea or hot chocolate
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote