View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #85
Flint
Snowflake

We can either try to shelter ourselves from the reality of life, or we can embrace it fully. And, after all, we really have no choice--this is the world we live in! The Native Americans worshipped the spirits of the animals they consumed...lazy modern man doesn't even stop to consider that this meat was ever part of a living creature. Life IS death, because to LIVE we must EAT. To EAT is to KILL (whether you hide this reality from yourself, or not). And, yes, vegetables are alive too. If you eat the ROOT of a plant you have taken its life in an irreparable way.

Snakes live, snakes eat, snakes kill. Cats live, cats eat, cats kill. Man lives, man eats, man kills. If this bothers you, you are literally having a schizophrenic break with REALITY.

You keep saying "household pet" as if that distinction exempts them from the reality of life. It doesn't! Nor are YOU exempt.

You keep saying what kind of reaction a person should have to a PICTURE of this situation. Well, let me tell you, the time that I found my dog (whom I had literally raised from birth, including bottle feedings and the whole nine yards) dead on the lawn, next to a dead snake, it pretty much cured me of ever having crybaby, Walt Disney type reactions to a ƒucking PHOTOGRAPH of a similar situation. Don't believe me? Look it up--I'm pretty sure I have posted about this before.

When I say "That's life" I MEAN IT goddamnit. THAT. IS. LIFE. If you don't want to accept that then you are choosing to be ignorant. The end.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote