View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 09:47 PM   #34
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
We've been too easy on those who would assail us, when they could be making far better lives -- at least through being wealthy enough to buy options -- emulating us instead. I deride the whole bomb-and-grudge crowd as a pack of idiots, and idiots never have good causes.
I'd been avoiding this thread, but since I'm in an irritable mood tonight, what the hell?

Soooo, UG, where is your outrage over Bin Laden, hmmmm? Everyone could be making far better lives at this point, hell they could be just STAYING alive, but thanks to the "bomb and grudge" crowd in the Pentagon we are bogged down in a ridiculous war in Iraq while Bin Laden runs free and laughs to himself- no doubt plotting the sequel to 9/11. Thanks to the Bushco's short sighted and self-serving actions, Bin Laden will have plenty of fresh recruits to his cause.

By all means, let the US openly admit to a policy of torture, that should help swing any fence sitters to our side, I'm sure. Let's be done with the hypocrisy! The world will admire our honesty, if nothing else, right?

"Hi there! We're the United States of America. We just wanted to introduce ourselves, since we'll soon be sending in the boys in 3/3 ACR, along with a few other of our regiments. We'll be searching your country for oil, WMD's, and people who aren't delighted by our presence in that order. You may arrange for a democratic vote on whom you'd like us to torture first. We may or may not pay any attention to the results depending on whether we're having a bad hair day or not. It is a pleasure being your global oppressor - we mean bringer of democracy. The attack will begin in 10 minutes.

- Love, the People of the United States of America and Urbane Guerilla"