View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Two Year Old Suffers Seizure, Next Door

So, what happened while you were posting about Methyl Ethyl Ketone?

My neighbor's (yes, that neighbor) wife POUNDED my front door down, I open the door and she screams "She's having a seizure, she's not breathing! Help her!!!"

I took the little girl from her and damn near fainted. She was stiff as a board, and cold to the touch. I kicked my computer chair across the room to make space for whatever I was about to do to try to save this little girl. About the time I got her on the floor, she loosened up some and I could her gasp for air. Which was good, because I completely blanked on child CPR. I defaulted back to adult CPR, which would have been better than nothing. Her airway was clear, she hadn't swallowed her tongue, so I did the best thing I could think of, nothing. She loosened up more, and was breathing fairly well, looking around wondering what the hell was going on. Then the ambulamps arrived and took the girl and the neighbor's wife to the horsepital, Momdigr drove the neighbor kids to the hospital for their mother, cuz there was nobody to watch them.

I'm upset with myself for not remembering the steps for child CPR. Years ago I was certified in CPR. And I couldn't remember. I don't forget stuff. And I couldn't remember.

Anyway, she seemed to be ok and improving every minute the last I saw of her. The ambulance arrived "signal 9" they calls it 'round here. Lights flashing, foot on the floor, tire-squall rounding the corner at the end of the street. When they left, they waited for traffic at the end of the street, so they weren't too concerned, and if they ain't, I ain't.

Total elapsed time: Less than eight minutes.

(Off to google Child CPR)

Anybody got a Xanax?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote