Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #51
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhianne View Post
... but I think you might be mixing up Schengen with the relevant aspects of Maastricht (The Maastricht Treaty or Treaty of Maastricht or whatever they called it) from the early 1990s.
Much was in common with Schengen and Maastricht. How much different are the details? I am not sure, but it is irrelevant. Maastricht no longer applies. Maastricht gave London so much of its vitality. Schengen is the treaty that continues or expanded it. With a hard Brexit, all the advantages of Maastricht and Schengen are lost. Economic downturn is inevitable.

Discussed are a disaster from a hard Brexit. That is worse case. No EU country should agree to a soft Brexit. What will happen in Ireland (the so called backstop) should result in massive pain and economic disaster to an interconnected Ireland / Northern Ireland economy. No problem. The so many brainwashed midlanders don't know and don't care. They would rather believe Boris Johnson had a plan and was working in their interest. Just like saying Trump is working for everyone but himself. Never happen.

Brexit is a disaster for the British middle class and working class - who have no idea how destructive it will be. Large amounts of industrial production must leave Britain to survive - if Brexit happens. Unfortunately due to no intelligent thought and a deal that never had a hope in hell, Brexit will happen and will be destructive.

Only one question remains. How destructive - both short term and long term?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote