View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #65
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
A new study suggests that nondirective meditation yields more marked changes in electrical brain wave activity associated with wakeful, relaxed attention than just resting without any specific mental technique.
Yeah, that makes sense rather than taking random incoming you're working hard at keeping shit out.
Quote:
The other state is flow, which is where Toad is when he is laying down that sweet bass line. This is a fully activated task focused brain.
That part I understand, I've had it happen to me many times. Evidently when it does I make faces, I've had people kid me about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
It also may be just that you are thinking that I'm talking about walking around all day in a daze. I'm not. For the vast majority of my day, I'm engaged in activity. I work. A lot. At those times, I'm giving my full attention to that task, that moment.

When I step outside for a smoke, I'm trying not to dwell on past or future. Or being mad about how fucking humid it is. Gah.
I'm sure you're never in a daze at work, you're too good at what you do not to be on top of it.
The only thing I was questioning is the process, it's not magic something is actually going on and I think Griff got a handle on it.

When somebody tells me something happens I immediately want to know how/why. That's how I roll, fat people always roll ya know.