View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 07:18 AM   #180
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...sian-1.4632435

Quote:
[A post the killer might have sent] referred to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger." Rodger was the 22-year-old California man responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term used by some groups to mean "involuntarily celibate."

Bluff said Minassian didn't seem to have a core group of friends and remembers him being mostly "sort of in the background" rather than at the centre of a social group.

"I remember seeing him probably just walking down the halls, usually by himself, or in the cafeteria by himself," he said. "My memory is not perfect, but certainly, it would not be, I don't think, a misstatement to say that he wasn't overly social.

Cellphone video posted to social media on Monday afternoon shows a man stepping out of a white van with a damaged front end that is stopped on the sidewalk. He steps into the line of fire a police officer who has his weapon drawn and can be heard yelling, "Kill me" and gesturing at the officer to shoot him."
The Toronto driver is clearly one of the "rage against being" types of killers, ala Dana's JBP video. Hatred for being itself and a desire to take revenge for the outrage at it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote