View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 AM   #4269
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I'm "up" today.
Phew, finally!

Went to a meeting at Oasis (my alcohol counsellors) then stayed for group therapy. It was a large, mixed group and it went well. On the back of that, I asked my doctor for Acamprosate, which she agreed would be helpful for the next two weeks, with Mum & dad away. In some people it decreases cravings for alcohol. Given that one of the side effects is insomnia, which I suffer from anyway, the doc signed me off some Zopiclone - the only thing that has really worked for me in th past. So no matter what happens next week, I will be able to sleep!

I'm going back to group next Tuesday. Those people spoke my language.
And this time tomorrow, the 'rents will be gone. Yes - I am conflicted about that, but right now Mum is in Super-Organiser Mode, and she's buzzing about so much I am viewing their departure with far less concern than previously Expect that to last about 12 hours!

I'm treating myself to a pizza tomorrow night.
Naughty, naughty and all that - but far better than a bottle of vodka. Over-eating (or treat-eating) can be rationalised into an overall healthy plan over the course of a week/ fortnight/ month. Drinking binges are bad news pure and simple, and can't be excused away. Also - one drunk leads to another in my life. It's so much harder to stop when you (I) have the fallout to deal with, which always requires more drink to blunt.

Going to the chemist tomorrow, because they have to order in the Acamprosate. And to collect my two anti-dpressants, my sleeping tablets and my GORD medication. I don't like having so many pills, but at least I feel protected by them at present. Then on into town. Not much, but things to do - it helps. And then pizza and a good night sleep
So much good news, and common sense (but not dull with it)! If the 'rents are away does that give you a late pass for teh Cellar - will we see 100% attendance from SG for a fortnight? Huh?
Hugs to you, 'Girl!