Thread: The Quest
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #111
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hi friends. Sorry for being silent on this matter lately. I don't have any news at all. Monday's interviews went very well, I met seven people in four interviews. It was quite favorable, there were two kinds of questions, technical pop quizzes of a sort, what is CAT5, what is a Global Catalog, etc. and interpersonal style questions, how do you handle competing priorities and deadlines, how do you use your presentation skills to convince a group of people about a technical subject, etc.

I believe I met most of the team I'd be working with, including the director of IT, the main decider, in my opinion. He was very friendly. I *think* he wants me (not like that), but I don't know yet. I asked when I'd know, when they'd know and he said he had one more person to interview, that was yesterday. He said they'd have a decision by today or Thursday.

The hours have crept by.

I came home from the interview, had a sandwich and promptly fell asleep for six hours. I was exhausted. I told them I want the job, now it's up to them. I'm stiiiiiiilllll waiting.