View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #13
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
"prisoners of war" "enemy combatants"
Someone help me out...what is the official difference between a "prisoner of war" and an "enemy combatant"?
I figured if a war is going on (we're warring against Iraq and the War on Terror is still going on seeing how , isn't it...or is it an offical War since terrorism isn't a country with a government and population?) and one side's fighters takes members of the other side's fighters prisoner, then they are 'prisoners of war'. I don't quite see how 'enemy combatant' differs from that. And if the one side's fighters take another side's fighters prisoner when there IS no war going on, then that's Kidnapping/Hostage Taking, depending on their intentions. Or is it all just a big complex workaround so that our leaders can do what they want...pardon...do what they feel is necessary to the people they capture and keep various treaties and conventions at bay? I'm apparently missing something here.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens

Last edited by Cyber Wolf; 11-10-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote