View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #142
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I am about to be moved into the strangest office arrangement I’ve ever seen in a clinic. Our patient care space is being expanded and will eat up the two docs’ offices that exist. Okay. A third doc is being added. The powers that be have arranged for little cubicle-things to be constructed in the (previous) conference room. The cubicles are about 7 feet square, do not reach to the ceiling, and have all-glass fronts!! The plan is to put desks against the wall (they’re putting in the wiring now).

So we will be in little fishbowls of glass, with no hindrance to sound (so much for HIPAA and the confidential calls I make as an MRO to inform a company rep that their employee is positive for X, Y, and Z).

And our computer screens will face the front glass, so anyone can read over our shoulders ... and the cubicles are so small there will be no problem doing that. There will be lots of opportunity for people to gawk, as they all have to walk past the 3 cubicles to get to the single staff bathroom. There are so many privacy/HIPAA issues here ... leaving aside how horrid these things will be to work in.

I am just shaking my head. Can’t even begin. And no input has been/will be requested or welcomed. Construction on these things began only a few days ago and is nearly complete, because they’re ‘assemble by number’ items out of boxes.