Thread: Today I Learned
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #342
monster
I hear them call the tide

This was a very good thread until it was derailed with whining and the resulting chemical reactions. Most people were trying to be nice, even if they failed. Let's see if we can learn to just let it go from here and make a team effort to rescue this thread. Please?

Classicman learned to love himself a little bit more than he did. Which is good. We should probably all try to do that.

I learned people can be very weird about beer. We probably shouldn't all do that (be very weird about beer)

---------

Today -----just right now, in fact, especially to try and rescue this thread, I went off and learned three new things. I hope you find at least one of them interesting:

Oranges do not actually turn orange unless they are exposed to cold weather, which causes the chlorophyll to move away from the skin. Sometimes oranges grown in hot climates are treated with ethylene gas to break down the chlorophyll and turn the oranges orange to make consumers happy.

There is only one word in the English dictionary containing a double y ("yy"): Sayyid

Peanut M&Ms were created by Forrest Mars -who was allergic to peanuts.