View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 12:29 PM   #91
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Didn't Jesus also tell people to sell their belongings and buy a sword? I seem to recall him saying "render unto Caeser what is Caeser's" as well---I read that to say that one should obey the laws of wherever one happens to be. Then there was something about, "I come not to bring peace, but a sword," or something to that effect.

The bible has too many contradictions to use it as backup for an argument. I'm not worried about the moral aspect of the death penalty. I'm worried about the lawful aspect of it.

The simple fact is, you'd have to live under a rock these days, to not know the penalty for murder. THEREFORE, if you decide to take the chance, you know what you're getting yourself into. You make the choice. No one twists your arm; no one makes the choice for you. Therefore, in the interests of protecting society, if you're caught, we (theoretically) eliminate the threat you pose to society.

I don't see the problem. It's not like we spring it on people. THEY KNOW. THEY choose to murder. I have better uses for my hard-earned money than paying for them for the rest of their lives.

Course, we could send them all to Europe, and let you guys rehabilitate them....

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote