View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
glatt

I wasn't sleeping during that extra hour of darkness.

I was lying in bed awake fuming about something. I hate that.

So I'm checking in on my dead cousin's house every few days. It's vacant and under contract. It won't be my problem in a couple weeks.

But a couple of low life scum of the earth types kicked the back door in. Totally looked everywhere for valuables. really took their time trashing everything. Even pulled the smoke detector apart to look in there.

Neighbors saw a couple of guys with a van in the driveway loading it up with stuff. Got a couple dressers, a few book cases, a single bed. And some low value nick nacks.

I was gonna just leave all that shit in there and let the house buyer deal with it. It wasn't worth the expense of renting a truck to take it to someplace to sell. So it's not the financial part of it. I just feel violated.

I couldn't lock the back door any more, so I nailed a couple boards to the floor, jammed up flush against the back door so that door won't open now.

I debated calling the cops and decided to do it.

They were polite but didn't seem to care much. Vacant house, nothing of great value stolen. I didn't even ask them to fill out a police report. They said they would patrol by there a little more frequently.

So anyway, yeah, I was tossing and turning a bit last night. And just like the rest of the country, I was running a bit late for work this morning.

I do really enjoy the light in the afternoon though. More important than the time change is where in a time zone you are located. Best is to be located somewhere where the sun is at the zenith at noon. It's crazy that Maine and the upper peninsula of Michigan are both in the same time zone. Grifftopia is fortunate that it is centered almost perfectly in the middle of the Eastern time zone where noon is really noon. The cellar is actually very close to the center.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote