Thread: How to be happy
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
Griff
still says videotape

I initially thought of Maslow as well PH. I've been reading a lot of Buddist stuff, which has helped me appreciate the now, in a not Richard Gere sort of way. I still plan and work for future payoffs, but I try not to continuously revisit things that stress me out. I don't worry at work, I just enjoy the kid time and am hopefully more engaged and productive for it. I've been slowly cutting away the deeply ingrained religous modes of thought that had me seeing things in a negative light, instead focusing on understanding myself. This helped me overcome a very stressful period recently and pulled me out of a truly brutal funk that I'd sunk into. I'm becoming more contemplative and less obsessive. I certainly don't know much, but I know that with a certainty that gives me release. I've taken personal responsibility for my joy and my spirit. I finally realized that it isn't healthy for me to farm out these operations. done babbling... good thread idea