View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:01 AM   #2782
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

You feel that way because a friendship became rocky and when you left it was not on good terms. And because you know, from your last visit to the house, that he is on a massive downswing and not actually taking care of himself.

This isn't your fault honey. The only blame you could possibly take on is your share of the anger/frustration that characterised your last few weeks there and that might be where the residual guilt is coming from. That and the fact that when you hit rock bottom he helped you out, yet now he's at rock bottom, you aren't in a position to - and the nature of the friendship has changed such that - you cannot do the same for him: so now you are feeling (correct me if I am wrong) a little like you've abandoned him to his fate?

Ain't your fault hon. Not his either. It's just one of those things. Friends living with friends is about as fraught a situation as exists on this planet :P I've lived with friends, it's never worked. Living two doors from my bro and sharing a yard with his family for 8 years was fraught enough lol (though that had rather more to do with my partner and his partner not really liking each other).

The thing with Hely sounds to me like he might actually be feeling a little hurt that the cat doesn't want to stay with him. Taking it personally that she prefers to hang out at your workplace? I don't know.

Hope it works out in the end, babe, and hopefully you can rescue the friendship at some point as well. When the dust settles and time passes.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote