View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #542
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Pharmaceutical companies make billions in profits ever year. Start there if you want to lay the blame of the uninsured at someone's feet - not mine.

I have no problem with everyone having access to a basic standard of care, it makes sense all around. But I think as long as people to can choose to be professional students, or have their own struggling business instead of working for the man, or take time off to travel, paint, discover themselves etc... they shouldn't have the right to take more from me to cover their ass when they get sick or hurt.

If everyone pays in, the same amount per human - then I'm all for it.

If it's team politics and those who support 'the war' are expected to pay more because they go to work and collect a bigger paycheck - fuck that.
Why is it that one fuckin aspirin tablet in a hospital costs $27.00, yet I can buy a bottle of 100 of them at less than 10 cents a piece? Why is it that Afrin costs over $150 for a bottle in a hospital, whereas at Walmart its only $1.98.

Rectify the ridiculous costs of the care and the insurance will no longer be a problem.

Its just too easy to blame the big evil Insurance companies while the Pharma Co's are lining your politicians pockets.

: onrant: Our current leader was elected primarily on the premise of taking care of the needs of this country - specifically the needs of the lower classes - GREAT, I say. Problem is that the productive people are being screwed in the process - You cannot raise the latter by lowering the former. That doesn't work.

Yes this needs to be corrected, but they seem to be addressing the wrong end of this equation. I no longer wonder why - cuz its whats best for them - not us. : offrant: