Thread: Raleigh, NC
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

We're here and getting settled in.

Last night for dinner was Bahama Breeze.(http://www.bahamabreeze.com/index.asp) Research quickly shows one is down Philly way - I highly recommend it. It's a chain, yes, but a big change from the standard burgers, fries, and mudslides you find at Fridays, Tuesdays, and Applebees. If you like Carribean cuisine and a laid back atmosphere, (and yes, reggae) this is most definitely a place you'd enjoy. I had Tropical Tiger Prawns which was a healthy portion of prawns marinated in passion fruit juices and served with roasted red pepper angel hair pasta and fresh squash. My dinner companion had the Calypso Shrimp Linguine - I 'm not sure what all was in it, but it sure did smell good.

We were on site for meetings today and met some awesome people. (We'll be working with them for the next year or so, so friendly is important!) Had lunch at Quiznos, nothing out of the ordinary - we were crunched for time and had to grab and go.

Got caught in a hella storm on the way back to the hotel from the office, and decided to work for a bit before heading out for dinner. Dinner this evening was sushi and sashimi at Sakura (www.steakandsushi.com). I'd never had the experience of sushi before and was a bit tentative on what to order. My dinner companion (traveling with someone who likes to try different things is a true pleasure) recommended to start with something I 'knew'. So, I opted for a cucumber roll and a philly roll. (Not standard sushi from what I've found, but it was good anyway). The cucumber roll was light and refreshing, dipped in a little bit of wasabi to give it some spice. The philly roll was also good, cream cheese, smoked salmon and avacado in seaweed and sticky rice. I was suprised at how rich everything tasted, even though it wasn't cooked and it was 'naked'. It's definitely going to be something I try again.

Tomorrow we're going out to lunch with our customer, and I think they're planning on something 'local', so hopefully it will be an experience as well. Since we're so busy on site this week, we've not had much of a chance to explore Raleigh, but I'm hoping that eventually we'll get to travel around a bit and see what's out here.

Dag

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote