View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #94
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Yeh I'M Read the posts between Juni, Grav and Shaw. Then read how Dani tried to whitewash it over. (IMO, out of kindness)
I didn't try to whitewash anything. I just pointd out what was bleeding obvious to me and should be fucking obvious to anybody with an ounce of common sense and understanding about depression: this had become a thread full of variously depressed people arguing about depression. One of the things that seemed pretty fucking clear from much that was posted by us all was that depressed people sometimes alienate themselves from friends and family by acting in an anti-social or overly touchy/aggressive manner. Seemed pretty clear to me given the tone of some of that discussion that this was what was going on here.

The person you are pointing fingers at explicitly referred to herself as 'too touchy' on this subject. Both she and I butted heads because we each misread the other and were too touchy and defensive about our respective positions. Not too much of a stretch to think that maybe this person is acting that way because they are depressed. Just as maybe someone else took offense quickly because they were depressed and so on and so on.

This seems a perfectly expected and understandable outcome to such a conversation. Not therefore unreasonable to quietly consider that maybe this disagreement is itself an expression of depression from various actors.

Ffs.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote