View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 07:27 AM   #6
afrayedknot
Disorderly Disciplinarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
They're total crap, along with drug testing. They're just the first step an employer takes to make sure you know that you're not entering a formal agreement, but rather that you are submitting to them before you're even hired.
This was sort of interesting the way it went down. I interviewed with them back in January and was CERTAIN I had the position. It ended up dead in the water after 4 weeks. They just contacted me again this weekend. This is when I took the test, but after they knew they wanted me to join the organization. I asked them if they saw me differently now that they have the profile but wanted me before I ever took it. The impression I got was that they knew what would be in there before the results were ever in hand. I do know that some employers use it as a tool for hiring purposes. This was not the case here. I do feel incredibly violated. Especially since it was so accurate. I knew what was going to be in there, but I didn't want THEM to know. As far as the drug testing, I recommend synthetic products. I am a satisfied consumer.