View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It was raining today which messed me up, but cleared this afternoon so I tried to get some pictures. Where the stop sign dude
was standing I parked on the opposite shoulder and walked on. He didn’t try to stop me but immediately got on his walkie talkie
telling them a man with a camera on foot. So around the bend about a hundred yards is dude #2 at the end of the new concrete
divider, also informing the NSA/KGB of my movements. I didn’t challenge him because to go futher me and the traffic would be
sharing 10 feet. This shall NOT be a suicide mission.
I lied, the concrete is only 3 feet not 4, but the chainlink is much more than 4 ft, maybe 8.

So I go back to the truck and make sure I’m the last in line, make a quick stop at the main activity, snap a picture and
drop the camera on the seat. I'm such a clever monkey. I couldn’t dawdle because the exit stop sign dude and traffic
waiting to go could see me. You know, bad form to delay pickups headed for the gun club.
I get home and download the camera to show the picture above and a nice shot of the passenger door panel.
The shutter was delayed for some reason.

If I walked down the other side of the creek, or even along the sort of bank on the near side, I could probably get a pretty good shot,
but my knees and balance won’t permit that. I haven't given up though.

Smell sawdust burning? That’s because I’ve been thinking and have come up with a scenario.
My guess is they will dig a pit at the bottom of the cliff then start a ways back from the top and angle bore to the pit.
Then turn around and bore under the creek. But that’s a guess.