View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 AM   #1
Juniper
I know, right?

Silly Mini-Crushes

Ever have sort of a "mini-crush" on someone -- I can't think of any other word for it. Could be a friend, could be someone of the opposite sex, whatever -- you admire them, you think about how cute/handsome/interesting they are, love the way they talk, think about them a lot, even though this is not a person you're ever going to pursue romantically. Either they are married or you are, or they're the same gender as you and you're not into that -- just someone real interesting. Whew!

For example, there's this guy I see often at my son's wrestling practices. He is not the kind of guy I would normally be attracted to, but for some reason I can't stop staring at him thinking that in another life, I might be going after him. He looks...I dunno...just GOOD. Like someone that would wrap me up in his arms and keep all the bad stuff away, smell wonderful and give me compliments over glasses of Merlot at dinner. But alas, I am already married, and mostly happily so. I guess it just intrigues me that I was unexpectedly attracted to someone who is so not what I'd usually be looking for.

And then there's my daughter's cheer coach, who is just yummy. He reminds me of Desi Arnaz, and also of that guy Caesar Milan, the dog whisperer guy - call Victor the "cheerleader whisperer," LOL! He's just awesome. Always a smile and a "how are you," using my name, which I'm surprised he remembers. He's very hard on the girls, but they all love him. Just to hear him say "Come on, ladies..." and it sounds like "leddies..." with his accent; you might expect him to say "you got some 'splainin' to do." Just too delish.

I could also add my DH's best friend...he too is latino, but I don't think it's a pattern with me. He's just a very impulsive, passionate, lively guy, and I think it's that combined with his eternal gullibility, hope, naivete that makes me love him - he's such a handsome fellow, but he's such a kind soul that he lets people walk all over him. He's lived in a different city for about ten years now, but my hubby still loves him like a brother, and so do I. We usually only see him at Christmas, and I find myself really looking forward to it - I can't seem to take my eyes off him, when he comes to town, to study every new wrinkle in his face, see how he's changed. Of course maybe I'm not looking so much at him, but at him as a representation of how we all have changed in a year.

I've had girl crushes too, but these are the two that I'm thinking of now. You know, this is just meant to be a happy thread about people in your life that attract you for whatever reason, but not necessarily in a sexual way, just by virtue of being fascinating people.

Got any?
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote