View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #23
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas View Post
I'd suggest you ignore him as much as possible.

No, really.

In this day and age, in the USA, you don't get to choose whom your adult child will have sex with and/or marry. (I assume she's an adult or close to it if she's going to college this fall.) Like it or not, that's what we as fathers have to deal with with our daughters. And while we'd generally prefer that our daughters not let shiftless, no-good, leeching, fuckwit scumbags put their penises in them (as Hime so eloquently says), we can't really make that choice for them, much as we'd sometimes like to. Ultimately, what we really want is for our kids to be happy.

And at some point, he will see that you're making his daughter happy, and he will accept you as a reality in his family even if he doesn't like you. Or, he will see that you're making her happy and he just really doesn't give a damn. If that's the case, I hate to say it, but she's then going to have to choose between you and him. That's ugly, but that may be the way it is. But you're not at the stage yet, so just cool your jets and worry about building a good relationship with your girlfriend.
I agree.
I was always respectful and polite up-front... but they get one chance to blow it just like I do, but did not give a damn if they liked me or not and made that clear just like they do.
I will teach my son the same.
There just is no reason to.
& if the girl is not smart enough to think for herself and stand up to him if he does not like you, I don't want to date her.
My wife's step-father HATED me and I laughed in his face , in his house, when he taunted me. It was funny. There is nothing disrespectful about laughing at someone and thanking them when they are calling you a "punk"... it's supposed to be a joke and compliment.
There is nothing in this world that has less worth than another's opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Cleaning a shotgun while giving that speech makes it much more effective.
And more comical, that happened to me once, we ended-up talking guns for over an hour, pissing-off the girls.

I was always about the mom's, brought them flowers and was always nice to them... they were where the keys to the kingdom were kept.

Last edited by rkzenrage; 06-16-2007 at 11:15 PM.